Aintree Grand Prix Circuit, Melling Road, Aintree, Liverpool L9 5AS
Aintree Grand Prix Circuit is around 1.5 miles and includes famous corners called Becher’s Bend, Valentines Way and Club Corner.
Aintree is well known as the venue of the world famous Grand National. But it also has a long and proud history as a motor sport venue. The 3-mile track, opened in 1954 by Earl Howe and Raymond Mays, remains Britain’s only purpose-built Grand Prix circuit and it still exists in its entirety.
Aintree staged the British Grand Prix in 1955, 1957, 1959, 1961 and 1962. Stirling Moss scored his first World Championship Grand Prix victory in the 1955 event at Aintree. This also marked the first occasion on which a British driver had won his home Grand Prix.
Onsite facilities include: Parking, cafe, toilets and spectator viewing areas.
How to find us:
Aintree Circuit is 5 miles North of Liverpool within the Grand National Racecourse. Approach by A59 south of its junction with the M57/M58 motorways then East along Aintree Lane (B5194), turning right after 0.75 mile over bridge into Melling Road. Just follow the brown direction signs for Aintree Golf Centre.
Be aware that there are several severe speed humps on Melling Road. We recommend approaching the venue via B5194 Aintree Lane and Blue Anchor Bridge if you have a vehicle with low ground clearance.
The Circuit doesn’t have its own postcode but if using a Sat Nav system or routefinder, try using L10 8LF and then follow the brown signs for Aintree Golf Centre.
Either put Melling Road, Aintree as the destination address, or select Aintree Golf Centre as a POI, as this is far more accurate.